Terms and Conditions
Website Design Project
- A 50% deposit is requested from the customer up front before any work can commence. This deposit covers time spent on job research, planning and various upfront costs we would have to incur.
- Once InterWebsWise has received the 50% deposit the client will then receive an e-mail from InterWebsWise introducing themselfs aswell as sending a link to a project questioner. Please take the time to fill out the document in as much detail as possible.
- This document needs to be submitted within 5 working days of receiving the link from InterWebsWise.
- Within 2 working days of the questioner being submitted, InterWebsWise will then send you the client 3 theme options to choose from.
- The client is then allowed 2 working days to decide which theme best suit them. Our themes come with varied functionality. Please note any integration that is not incorporated in your chosen theme, will incur additional setup costs.
- Once a theme is chosen and any outstanding content is received InterWebsWise will then size up the project and let you know the time frame in which the first draft will be developed.
- The first draft will be a completely finished product based on the chosen theme, initial project questioner and presented written content (from the client or the copywriter).
- Once InterWebsWise has created the first draft then this will be sent to the client for review.
- Once the client has received the first draft s/he is then given 5 working days to review the draft and send changes.
- The changes need to be sent in a Word document, broken down page by page, via e-mail to InterWebsWise.
- Changes to be made to a website are based on 1 hour per page. For example: If the website is 5 pages then the designer is to spend 5 hours on changes. Any further time spent on changes is charged at our current hourly rate thereafter.
- The client is then sent the final draft along with the final invoice of 50% for payment.
- The customer accepts that by not communicating with InterWebsWise during the review period, InterWebsWise will accept the customer’s silence as agreement to a finished product in which case 50% of payment must be made by the customer.
- Deployment is considered to be a final status and deemed to be a live service.
- Any additional changes or modifications the client would like InterWebsWise to implement to the live website will be charged at our current hourly rate. The changes fall into a new working cycle as they are considered a new project.
- If you wish for InterWebsWise to maintain your website we charge a fixed fee per design package.
Please note in order to take a website live the client will need to have a registered domain and a working hosting environment. This can be obtained through InterWebsWise or, alternatively another service provider. If you choose to host through InterWebsWise and you have completed the signing up process we have all the relevant information needed to take your website live.
However, should you wish to use another service provider please provide us with your Cpanel / FTP details which you obtain from your chosen service provider. Our websites also need to have a MySQL database setup so make sure your provider has set that up for you before sending the hosting details to InterWebsWise.
*Please note that should a client request their 50% deposit to be returned within 5 working days of payment, and no longer require our service we will gladly return the money with any deductions that have already been spent on the project.
Themes, Plugins & Software
- InterWebsWise also builds their websites using premium third party themes and plugins, using reputable companies such as ElegantThemes or Divi. Although these companies are trustworthy and meet current website standards, we cannot be responsible for any broken, faulty or damaged themes or plugins as we have no control over any third party software and or products.
Viruses & Outdated Websites
- InterWebsWise takes all the security precautions on our Clients websites and includes the relevant security plugins as well as keeps its servers secure wherever possible. However we cannot guarantee the prevention of hacks, viruses or unexpected data deletion and cannot be held liable for any such damages as a result.
- InterWebsWise cannot be responsible for any websites that have stopped working or have become faulty over time due to the website becoming “outdated”. Outdated websites can be affected due to many aspects, such as new browser software, outdated web code, etc. InterWebsWise cannot be expected to keep your website updated in every aspect without being compensated to do so. In this situation the Client may opt to have their website redeveloped.
Building Your Own Website
- Should a Client choose to build their own website using our website builder software, they do so at their own risk and this creation is solely in the hands of the Client, InterWebsWise will not be held responsible for any aspect of your website build when the Client has opted for the website builder software. If you would like support over and above the knowledge base provided on the website builder software you will be subject to additional fees at InterWebsWises own discretion.
- Should a Client choose to maintain their own website, InterWebsWise cannot be held responsible if anything breaks during content updates, plugin additions as well as theme updates. This also pertains to anything that the Client has chosen to edit without our knowledge and/or approval. Alternatively feel free to get InterWebsWise to maintain your website at our fixed monthly rate. If you choose to update your own website and in rare cases the website does break and is unfixable we can always restore a previous backup for you upon your request.